My heart was both sad and excited today when I heard the news about the passing of Jerry Falwell...sad because he will be missed…and excited because there is not a doubt in my mind that he is with Jesus Christ.
My admiration of Dr. Falwell runs deep because…
- He finished well…people did say mean things about him from time to time, but no one could attack the mans integrity—he truly loved Jesus until his last breath!
- He loved his wife…and ONLY his wife!!!
- He had a huge vision and never allowed anyone to alter it!
- He knew God’s Word!
- Whether you agreed with him or not—you knew where he stood. He had convictions and the guts to share them.
- He was willing to take action…and while some did not agree…at least he was willing to take steps instead of sit around and complain!
- He ALWAYS shared the Gospel whenever he was interviewed by the media.
- He always seemed pleasant when on television…many Christians I know look saved and mad about it—but Dr. Falwell genuinely seemed Christ-like.
Those are just some of the thoughts running through my mind about him. I hope that the ministry the Lord has given me will be half as successful as his.