WOW…what a day at NewSpring Church…so in awe of all God is doing! Here are a few thoughts…
- Today we saw around 100 people surrender their lives to Christ…and, you guessed it…that NEVER gets old.
- PUMPED about the 98 people who showed up for a membership/ownership class in Charleston this morning…cannot WAIT to officially launch on January 9th!
- Clayton King preached one of THE BEST messages on preparing for (and staying in) a marriage that I have ever heard.
- Some of the Scriptures he used (that are definitely worth going back and looking through) were Proverbs 12:4, Proverbs 22:3, Proverbs 26:11, Proverbs 28:13, Proverbs 27:15-16, Proverbs 5:1-6, Proverbs 29:1, Proverbs 28:26!
- The homework he gave was for all of us this week to read through Proverbs 31:10-31 every day and ask the Lord what is the ONE THING I can do RIGHT NOW to either prepare me for marriage or make me a better spouse? (AND…even though that passage is written to primarily women it also applies to men as well!)
- The outline for Clayton’s message is covered in this post of his that I reposted on my blog...as I said, it was amazing…if you missed it then don’t worry…it will be on itunes and on our website by Tuesday at 12pm EST.
Two more things…
#1 - THANK YOU to everyone who prayed for our trip this past week to London…it literally was one of the most amazing days I’ve ever had in ministry. God is using our church all over the world…it literally blew my mind when I began to meet people who had been impacted by the ministry of our church living so far away. For all of this I say…to God be the glory…ONLY HE could do something this amazing and awesome, and I so look forward to the continual opportunities He is going to place in front of us for ministry.
#2 - THANK YOU for the kindness that you guys showed me and my family for pastors appreciation month. It is an honor to serve here as the pastor of this church…and I am anticipating 2011 to be most FRUITFUL year of ministry we’ve ever had. I love this church…and I believe God has called us NOT to just do church…but to IMPACT and CHANGE the world that we live in by lifting up JESUS in a way that people can understand.
The best really is yet to come!