A few thoughts on a GREAT day at NewSpring Church…
- Today was a GREAT follow up to last week as we shared seven ways to grow spiritually.
- Over 200 sign ups for baptism today…AWESOME to see, we will be baptizing every Sunday this month! Love seeing people go public!
- Once again, the seven things we talked about today have NOTHING to do with God’s love for us…but have everything to do with us becoming more and more like Christ.
- The fourth core value we covered today is, “Growing People Change.”
- One of the most confusing things for me when I first became a Christian was how people could claim they went to church all of their lives…but they never changed.
- THEN I discovered that (especially here in the South) it is entirely possible to attend church but not actually follow Christ.
- According to the Scriptures…we can’t follow Jesus and remain the same. If we are not changing then we are not growing. (Like I said in the message…you can’t follow Christ and remain a butthole.)
- Yes, the story about Clayton and the woman’s arm was true! (Sorry for all of the people that threw up a little bit in your mouth while I was telling that story!)
- I won’t do a complete sermon rundown here…but it will be online later this week.
- I cannot WAIT until next week when we kick off our brand new three week series entitled, “The Blessed Life!” SO many times we fall short of the amazing plans God has for us…and we will spend the next three weeks digging into WHY most people fall short and WHAT can be done about it.
- AND…it was AWESOME to see college football back on television. As much as I hate to say it…the Gamecocks looked good! :-(
That’s about it…I am going to bed and am planning on doing absolutely NOTHING tomorrow as my family and I celebrate Labor Day! I hope you have an amazing Monday off (unless you have to work…in that case, sorry)!!!