Hey church leader…here is my prayer for you/us today…
Romans 15:13, “May the God of all hope fill you with joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”
So…let’s break it down…
“May the God of all hope fill you with joy and peace…”
- He IS the God of hope…and I pray that you will be filled with hope…with joy and peace, not despair, anxiety and a desire to quit.
- HOPE is understanding that Galatians 6:9 is TRUE!
- HOPE is understanding that Philippians 1:6 is a REALITY…that if HE began the work HE will complete it.
- HOPE is NOT found in comparing yourself to other ministries…but rather committing yourself to the calling that Jesus has placed on you!
- JOY is seeing your biggest givers walk out the door…and God supernaturally provide for what your church needs…even though you didn’t see how you could survive without “them.”
- (When we depend on “them” more than “Him”—it’s over!)
- JOY comes from understanding the reality of who you WERE verses who you ARE in Christ.
- JOY comes from the fact that He knew every stupid/foolish thing you and I were ever going to do…and He STILL called us and equipped us for ministry! (Please see II Corinthians 4:1!)
- PEACE comes from the fact that He loves your church WAY more than you do.
- PEACE comes from the fact that if the vision is from Him…then HE will make a way.
- PEACE comes from the fact that the more “impossible” the situation seems…the more glory God gets out of the win when it comes about.
- PEACE comes about by understanding that things over our head are still under His feet…He reigns!
”...as you trust in him…”
- Not your ability!
- Not your technology!
- Not your strategy!
- Not your denomination!
- Not your gifting…
- NOT that ANY of the things mentioned above are bad…but all too often we trust in THEM way more than we trust in HIM!!!
- If we are not desperate for what He can do…then He will allow us to see the limitations of what we can do!
- TRUST HIM!!!
”...so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”
- I pray that we will become more desperate for HIS Holy Spirit.
- More desperate for personal conviction.
- More desperate for HIS leadership.
- More desperate for Him working THROUGH us.
- More desperate for HIS wisdom.
- More desperate for HIS presence in our services in order to draw people to Jesus.
- That we would pay attention to HIM and not quench what He is doing inside of us!
- That we would allow HIS passion and not people’s opinions to consume us.
- That is my prayer for us today…
That we would EMBRACE Jesus and all He has called us to be!