Woo Hoo, Day #5 in the Word…having a blast, here we go…
#1 - Read Hebrews 10:19-25 and answer the following…
- Count the number of times the words “us” and “we” are used…with this in mind do you think God intended Christianity to be a solo or a team sport?
- According to Hebrews 10:25…does God want His people meeting together on a consistant basis?
#2 - Some would argue that church is just not that big of a deal, with that in mind let’s work through the following verses…
- Read Matthew 16:18…who did Jesus say the church belonged to? (Follow up…if something belongs to Him is it important?)
- Read Ephesians 1:22—who is the Head of the Church? (Follow up…would Jesus really sit at the head of something that is unimportant?)
- Read Ephesians 3:10—does Jesus want the church to “contain” or “proclaim” His message?
- Read Ephesians 3:20-21—does Jesus have small or great plans for His church?
- Read Colossians 1:18—once again, who is the Head of the church?
- Read Revelation 22:16-21—what is the ONE ORGANIZATION that is still standing when everything else on earth has been destroyed (hint…the answer is in verse 16!)
#3 - In regards to taking this to a personal level…not only do we need church but we need godly men and women in our lives, Christian community, to take a deeper look at this look at the following verses…
- Read John 13:34-35—how did Jesus say that His followers would be identified?
- Read Romans 12:10—are we supposed to turn our backs on each other? (Remember, this was written to people IN THE CHURCH!)
- Read Ephesians 4:2—how are we supposed to treat one another? (Once again, this was written to people IN THE CHURCH!)
- Read Colossians 3:13—how are we supposed to treat others who have sinned against us?
- Read I Thessalonians 5:11—who comes to mind when you read this verse…and what can you do today to follow through on what this verse commands?
- Read James 5:16—is there anyone in your life that you feel you could do this with?
#4 - Read Matthew 26:36-39 and answer the following…
- Did Jesus try to do life alone…or was He honest & vulnerable with those closest to Him?
- As His followers are we called to do the same?
#5 - Here is a link to our next steps page if you need to attend an ownership class at NewSpring Church! (At NewSpring we do not have “members” but rather we have “owners!” Because…members have “rights” but owners have “responsibilities!”)
WOW! We made it through all of our core values here at NewSpring Church…I’m PUMPED! See you tomorrow for one more day in this devotional journey!! Don’t forget!