Sunday Night Reflections
A few thoughts about a great day at NewSpring Church…
- Today we talked about Biblical manhood…to say that it was a little tense would be equal to saying that the Pope is a little Catholic.
- Homework assignment was for all people to read through Ephesians 5:22-33 and I Peter 3:1-7 and ask God to use His Word to show us how we can be a better spouse.
- AND…we should NOT use these passages to attack our spouse…but rather to attack the sin in us and repent.
- Singles…you can read through these passages and ask God to use His Word to prepare you to be a godly spouse!
- I said it today…I will say it again…most couples do not have a marriage problem, they have a JESUS problem.
- There is NOTHING that two people who are completely surrendered to Christ cannot work through or overcome.
- Hey men, if you want to be mentored by one of the godliest men that has ever lived then I HIGHLY recommend that you pick up your Bible and read I Timothy, II Timothy, Titus and Philemon.
- The Apostle Paul wrote these letters to men that he was mentoring…if you read two chapters a day you can read through the entire four books in one week!
- I am not going to go too much into the message…it will be on itunes and online on Tuesday…hope it encourages and challenges you.
One more thing…
I would ask that those of you who are regular attenders and members of NewSpring Church be in prayer for me this week as I will be traveling to the UK to meet with/invest in church leaders. God has opened a unique opportunity for us to do some ministry over there and we are REALLY excited about it. We will be back on Friday…AND will be continuing the Man Versus Wife on Sunday…I can’t wait!