What God Is Teaching Me Through Charisse…
OK…a few thoughts on this Friday (and YES, there is a picture at the bottom!!!)
- So far I have changed every diaper that Charisse has demolished!!! AND I haven’t minded at all…I want her to be clean…that is how God feels about cleaning us up, He actually became sin for us! (II Corinthians 5:21)
- All I want to do is hold her…be close to her…and freeze those moments. God has those same desires, for His children to be close to Him! He sent Jesus to die on a cross NOT just so that we go to heaven…but to have an ongoing relationship with us!!!
- Charisse does not completely understand all of the good things that I want to do for her…she never will, and I think we have no idea what wonderful things God has in mind. (Matthew 7:11)
- There is NOTHING I would not do for her—NOTHING! That is how God feels about blessing His kids! (Psalm 2:8)
- In cleaning her up I have had to put her in uncomfortable situations…but only because I love her and want her to be clean. That is why God takes us through uncomfortable situations. We don’t understand…but it is all for our own good. (Romans 8:28)
- There is NOTHING that Charisse could do to make me stop loving her—that is how God feels about His children. (Romans 8:38-39)
- Charisse has not worked for my love, she was born. that’s it—we do not work for the love of God. He just radically loves us!!! (John 3:3, John 3:16)
Dang—this fatherhood stuff is awesome—speaking of that here is me and my daughter!
I am REALLY looking forward to speaking on Sunday!