Day #2 - Saved People Serve People
Here we go, day #2 of our time in the Word this week…
#1 - Spend some time reading through I Corinthians 12 and work through the following questions…
- Are spiritual gifts something we should be confused about (I Corinthians 12:1?)
- Is everyone gifted equally (I Corinthians 12:5-6?)
- Does everyone have at least one spiritual gift (I Corinthians 12:7, also see I Peter 4:10)?
- Who determines what spiritual gift we receive (I Corinthians 12:11 and I Corinthians 12:18)?
- WHY are we given a spiritual gift? (SEE I Peter 4:10!!!)
- Is every gift important (I Corinthians 12:14-26)?
- Is every person called to be a part of the body of Christ (by serving with their gift) - I Corinthians 12:27?
#2 - Read Matthew 8:14-15 and notice the first thing that Peter’s mother in law did as soon as Jesus healed her (saved people serve people!)
#3 - Read Matthew 20:20-28 and answer the following…
- Is it easy to get more obsessed with our place in line rather than our position as a servant (Matthew 20:20-24)?
- What did JESUS say we needed to do if we want to become GREAT (Matthew 20:26-27)?
- If we are truly becoming more and more like Jesus…then what is our calling (Matthew 20:28?)
#4 - Other things to consider…
- Read Ephesians 4:11-16 and focus on the fact that a church is not effective when the pastor ministers to the people but rather when the body ministers to the body!
- Also look at Ephesians 4:13 and see who the Bible says benefits (matures) as we involve ourselves in ministry.
- Read John 13:1-17 and ask as followers of Jesus are we to be more focused on being served or serving?
#5 - Spend some time in prayer either asking God to reveal to you what your spiritual gift is, understanding that THE BEST WAY to actually discover your spiritual gift is to ask yourself…
- What do I do well?
- What do I enjoy?
- Where can I get involved RIGHT NOW?
#6 - Here is our “Next Steps” website at NewSpring Church where you can sign up for one of our ownership classes.
#7 - And…if you want to go WAY more in depth in regards to discovering you spiritual gifts, personality and how you are wired for life and ministry then I would simply point you to THIS TOOL designed by Place Ministries. Here you will be able to take a personality/spiritual gifts test (that will take around an hour to complete) that will give you a lot of insight into how God designed you for life and ministry. AND if you enter the code of “SERVE” in the coupon code area you will only be charged $ 4.95 for the online assessment. (50% off)!!! This test is a great indicator of how God has wired you…but remember, the best way to discover what you are gifted in is to actually get involved! (See James 1:22)
AND…join us here at this website on Saturday for one more “Bonus Devotional!”