Sunday Night Reflections
A few thoughts on an amazing day at NewSpring Church…
- What God is doing right now in our church in incredible…I love my church!
- Saw a new attendance record set today…blows my mind.
- Taught on our third core value today - “I Can’t Do Life Alone.”
- One of the mistakes people often make is to think they can follow Christ without the church AND the people in the church.
- I once heard it said that a persons first step away from God is usually a step away from the people of God.
- If Peter walked away from Christ and his friends (Matthew 26:56), THEN tried to follow Jesus at a distance AND also placed himself in a very unhealthy environment (Matthew 26:58) which led to him eventually denying Christ (Matthew 26:69-75) then the SAME THING will happen to us if we follow in those steps.
- We’re called to be SERIOUS in our walk with Christ (Hebrews 10:22) which means we refuse to swerve (Hebrews 10:23) by allowing ourselves to be in REAL community where tough conversations (Hebrews 10:24) and encouragement (Hebrews 10:25) can take place.
- The church should be a place where it is ok to not be ok.
- Just think how much pain could have been avoided in the church if people would have felt free to follow the command given in James 5:16! (BTW…healing comes only through confession!!!)
- The reason we don’t confess and ask for help is because we are afraid of what people might think about us…not understanding that the consequences of concealment are SO much greater than the consequences of confession!
- Unfortunately…the church in America usually shoots their wounded rather than helping them get back on their feet.
- People that are Christians really do struggle with sin…the battle IS intense…and we really do need one another to overcome those temptations!
- Had a great time exposing the four myths that we believe when it comes to “staying solid” in our faith—you can check out the podcast or website on Tuesday if you want to walk through them.
- Saw LOTS of people sign up to get involved in a group today…thought that was AWESOME!
- Cannot WAIT until NEXT WEEK! Seriously…let’s do ALL WE CAN as a church to get as many people here next week to hear the Gospel!
I’m tired…going to bed!