Sunday Night Reflections
A few thoughts on an amazing day at NewSpring Church…
- Baptism ALWAYS moves me…there’s just something about seeing people confess Jesus out loud that NEVER GETS OLD!
- Today we saw around 350 people baptized on all of our campuses…including the spontaneous baptism we did after the 11:15 and 6:00 service…
- AND…we saw around 75 people receive Christ…that NEVER GETS OLD!!!
- BTW…a church that does not learn to celebrate will eventually have nothing to celebrate!
- I really felt the Lord tell me to call people to take that next step today…didn’t obey Him immediately, but after the 9:15 service was over I felt like He was calling us to do it…so we called an audible…props to the staff and volunteers that came together to pull it off!
- (More about that tomorrow.)
- Today we dove into Esther chapters five through seven and spoke on how to get “unstuck” in our walk with God.
- Too many Christians have confused activity with intimacy! Just because we’re busy doesn’t mean we’re walking with Jesus.
- Jesus because we have hands raised doesn’t always mean that we have hearts surrendered.
- What is your next step?
- Too many times Christians use being busy as an excuse to walk in DISOBEDIENCE.
- I talked about “shagging,” and I always have to give a disclaimer because that means something different to people who aren’t from South Carolina! :-)
- AND…we had a group of visitors tonight from England at our Anderson campus…which was REALLY funny in regards to the “shagging” story!
- The next step that God wants us to take will not come with a “worry free guarantee” attached to it…following God when we know everything is going to turn out ok requires ZERO faith.
- The next step that God wants us to take will NOT be comfortable…too many Christians believe that Jesus actually said, “take up your mattress and follow me” rather than taking up our cross!
- Jesus didn’t call people to merely talk about problems and say someone should do something about it…if HE continue to reveal a problem to us it isn’t so we can tell others but rather so we can take action!
- There is more potential in a person full of the Holy Spirit than we could EVER IMAGINE…we cannot be content with casual church attendance when we are capable of SO MUCH MORE!!!
- SO…what would you be willing to attempt for God if you knew you could not fail? (That question changed my life…you can read about it here if you haven’t yet!)
- TOO MANY PEOPLE are NOT LIVING the life that God really wants for them…and they are ONE step away from breaking out of the cul-de-sac and discovering what John 10:10 is all about!
- When we will embrace the fact that God is God…that HE is bigger than all of our fears and failures…and will actually take the step and do what He is leading us to…we will see Him in ways that most people never see!!!
- Most people do not see the supernatural activity of God because they refuse to leave their comfort zone and take their next step!
- Some practical next steps COULD BE…confessing your porn problem, ending an ungodly dating relationship, forgiving someone, surrendering your finances to Jesus, following through and getting baptized, giving your life to Christ…
- Like I said…the next step is ALWAYS uncomfortable…but it ALWAYS leads to us seeing God in ways that absolutely BLOW our minds.
- Talked about Zac today at the end of the service...I miss him greatly but am celebrating his healing.
- A great next step will be to get people here next weekend as we end this series with a presentation of the Gospel…don’t give up on “that” person…do whatever it takes to get them here!