Kenya Update & Sunday’s Coming…
We’re headed home tomorrow…woo hoo…around 20-25 hours on an airplane and in airports and we will be home!!! Here are a few thoughts…
- Yesterday and today absolutely MOVED me like never before. I saw living conditions that are unimaginable in our country.
- THANK YOU to everyone who has been praying for us…God’s voice has been so clear! WOW!
- Today we worshiped with a group of ladies underneath a tree in their village and it was awesome…they kept singing, “Jesus does miracles!!!” AND…THEY HAVE NOTHING (according to American standards!) It was MOVING!
- One of them gave Sherry a necklace…GAVE IT! It was one of the most moving things I’ve ever seen…it made II Corinthians 8 come to life in a way.
- Sherry cried…a lot! (I did too!)
- NewSpring…God has definitely called us to make a difference here…and I believe that God is going to blow our minds with what He is about to do!
- We can’t do something everywhere…but we MUST do something somewhere…and this place is the somewhere He wants us to focus on!
- Tonight we are staying in tents in the middle of a wildlife park!
- I walked outside of my tent a few minutes ago and there was a giraffe about 30 yards from it. It was SO COOL!!!
- I can’t wait to get home…Cracker Barrel is on the agenda for dinner!!!
And now about Sunday…
- I CAN’T WAIT TO BE BACK AT NEWSPRING!
- The married people are going to be challenged this Sunday (I have been while studying)!!!
- Singles…trust me…you need to be at this one! :-)
- I will talk about Kenya for a few minutes…but not for the entire service.
- We WILL do a service in which we share the vision of where God has called us to be in Kenya and the details of when we are going soon!
- The best is yet to come!!!