Day #3 - I Cannot Outgive God
Here we go, day #3 in the Word…
#1 - Read II Corinthians 9:6-15 and work through the following questions…
- Is it possible to outgive God (II Corinthians 9:6-8)?
- Does God take care of those who are generous (II Corinthians 9:10)?
- Why does God make people generous (II Corinthians 9:11)?
- What does Paul tell us in II Corinthians 9:12-14 will be the result of our generosity?
- Seriously, is it possible to outgive God (II Corinthians 9:15)?
#2 - Read Malachi 3:6-12 and work through the following…
- Do you think that God has changed His mind about tithing (Malachi 3:6)?
- Is refusing to tithe a big deal to the Lord (Malachi 3:7-9)?
- What does God promise to do if we will simply trust Him with this area of our lives (Malachi 3:10-12)?
#3 - Some other things to consider in regards to this…
- Read I Timothy 6:6-10 about the warnings of people who fall in love with money.
- Read Ecclesiastes 5:10 about the warnings of being in love with money.
- Read Luke 6:38…what does JESUS promise for those who will give?
- Read Proverbs 3:9-10, once again, is it possible to outgive God?
- Read Matthew 6:19-24, is it possible to follow God & love money?
- Read John 3:16 and ask was Jesus a taker or a giver? If we are becoming more like Him are we becoming more generous or more greedy?
#4 - Read Colossians 1:17 and consider that “IN HIM ALL THINGS HOLD TOGETHER,” so, if you are falling apart financially it is most likely because your finances are not “in Him!” With this in mind…
- Put God first in this area of your life (Matthew 6:33) realizing that Jesus wants to bless you (Acts 20:35) and not take something from you!
- Here at NewSpring Church we believe that God’s Word is true and that you really cannot out give God, so much so that we are challenging everyone to take the 90 Day tithe challenge…take God at His Word and tithe for 90 days, and if He does not do what His Word says He will do we will refund your money at the end of the 90 day period! Go to our giving page to take our 90 day tithe challenge (right here)!
- Go here to find out more information about receiving FREE financial coaching! (We believe that financial coaching IS discipleship as there are over 2,000 verses in the Bible on money & possessions, more than faith and prayer combined. AND…when we do what God’s Word says we win, period! We seriously want to serve you in this area…and if you are feeling overwhelmed & defeated when it comes to money then I promise you that YOU DO NOT HAVE TO LIVE THAT WAY ANYMORE, click the link and we will do our best to show you what God’s Word says about money.)
#5 - If you want to go more in depth on this subject, here are some article’s I’ve written about money that you may want to look through…
AND…don’t forget to be back at this site on Saturday for a BONUS devotional!