A Letter From Pastor P To NewSpring Church
Howdy NewSpring Church, FOUR things I would love to share with you today…
#1 - THIS COMING SUNDAY (August 19) I WILL BE PREACHING THE MOST IMPORTANT MESSAGE THAT I HAVE EVER PREACHED IN THE HISTORY OF OUR CHURCH!!! I believe that with all my heart…and I would ask that you please keep me in your prayers and that you would also make plans to be at the campus closest to you (and bring somebody with you!!!)
#2 - This past Sunday was one of the best days ever in our church as we continued to examine what the Scripture says about GREATER THINGS…and saw nine people surrender their lives to CHRIST!!! I am not going to rehash the entire message…BUT…you can go to our NewSpring Blog to see “The Sermon From Sunday In 10 Tweets!” Also, here are some additional Scriptures I would love for us to focus on in regards to this past Sunday’s message:
- II Peter 3:18 - God desires for us to grow!
- Philippians 3:10-14 - keep in mind that this passage of Scripture was written by one of the godliest men that has ever lived, if he said he was pressing forward then we all should as well.
- Acts 2:41 - if this was opening day of the church then what does God expect of the church today? (See Acts 4:4, Acts 5:14, Acts 6:1 Acts 6:7, Acts 9:31, Acts 16:5.)
- Psalm 16:11 - The presence of God = Power over sin, the more aware we become of Him the less desirable sin becomes.
- Galatians 2:20 - As I’ve heard Bill Hybels says many times, “A 95% commitment to Christ is 5% too short!”
#3 - We are asking Jesus to save 3,000 people on Sunday, August 26 at NewSpring Church. Three things I am asking our church to do in order to prepare for this…
- One - Begin praying with me TODAY, at every single opportunity you have…before meals, with your community group, as you are riding down the road and ASK JESUS to save 3,000 people! Let’s be the church that just won’t leave God alone until the world knows Him!!!
- Two - Ask God to specifically show you who you need to invite to church with you that day!!! Let’s not just pray for God to do something great, but also participate with Him!!! It’s crazy…but if you ask God to open your eyes so that you can see people like He sees people He will do it!!! AND…when God shows you who you need to bring with you that day…GO FOR IT!!! GREAT things happened in the Scriptures because people were willing to do whatever it took to BRING PEOPLE to Jesus!!! (See Mark 2:1-12!!!)
- Three - Do WHATEVER IT TAKES to get to one of our ”Nights Of Worship” that we will be having on Friday August 24 at the Colonial Center in Columbia and Saturday, August 25 at the BILO Center in Greenville! We are going to gather together in these locations to worship, to learn from God’s Word and to BEG HIM to save 3,000 people the next day!!! And…
- I’ve already heard of people saying that they are planning on bringing their friends/family members who need Christ to one of these events…THAT IS AWESOME!!! We will pray that we see I Corinthians 14:24-25 happen right in front of our eyes!!! And…
- Specifically to those who are planning on coming to the BILO Center on the 25th…if you want to get a seat I would highly recommend that you do your best to get their early!!! If everyone at our Anderson, Greenville and Spartanburg campuses decide to attend this event we will have to turn people away because the auditorium only seats around 15,000 people!!! WOW!
#4 - That’s it for this week…I LOVE MY CHURCH, and…don’t forget, this Sunday will be one of “those Sundays” that I believe will forever mark our church!